Who is behind DUKUDU in New Zealand?
DUKUDU is proudly imported into New Zealand exclusively by DUKUDU Australia, a separate division of hiPP.com.au [a well known Australian brand of designer fashion forward social stationery and trend focused gift packaging]. Headed by husband and wife team, David and Debbie Faraday and a fantastic crew fronted by Christa and Amy in Customer Service, and many others supporting the business in design, production, marketing, logistics, warehousing and financial control, the business operates out of large, modern high span warehouse in Melbourne, Australia and an equally impressive sister warehouse in Auckland, New Zealand.
We have over 21 years manufacturing and wholesaling experience; use up to date logistics equipment and ERP|Accounting software; can fulfil any EDI and Scan Packing requirements; and we provide eInvoicing compatible with RetailEdge, DistributionMan, ARMS, POS Solutions, Tower Systems and EXCEL.
Above all else, at DUKUDU, we pride ourselves on working closely with Independent Retailers and their customers, and offering good old fashioned personal Customer Service.
I’m an authorised DUKUDU Retailer in New Zealand. Can I use this website to order my stock online?
Yes, of course! The main reason we established this website is to enable our retail stockists to view our current catalogue at any time and place re-orders quickly and efficiently. The process is simple. First sign up for an online account on this webstore (Create account) which is effective immediately. Then email your store details and the email address you nominated when you opened the account to Christa and Amy at info@DUKUDU.co.nz. From this, they will associate your webstore login with our in-house wholesale account for you, and will naturally apply your wholesale pricing when your orders come in. It’s that quick and simple.
Please note, when you place your orders online the pricing will appear to be at retail… Don’t worry, we will apply your wholesale pricing when we process your order and issue Tax Invoices accordingly.
If the goods are travelling from Australia or The Netherlands, will I have to deal with Customs Clearance, Import Duty, or Import GST?
No. We are making this completely straight forward for you and where necessary, we will handle all Customs Clearance, Import Duty and Import GST. As a business we are fully GST compliant and registered in both New Zealand and Australia. Your goods will be accompanied by a New Zealand compliant Tax Invoice.
What are the DUKUDU Specifications?
- All DUKUDU watches proudly feature quality Japanese Quartz movements made by Seiko:
- Battery types – 364 / SR621SW / SG1 / AG1 / SR60 / 602
- 5 ATM Rating – This means that it is suitable for everyday use, swimming or water related work. It is not suitable for diving. Beware, leather straps and water don’t go well together. Damage cause under these circumstances are not covered by the guarantee.
- Hardened Mineral Glass
- Precision machined cases
- Quick-Release Changeable Strap (ideal if you choose to purchase a second strap)
- Date Window (except DU-106)
- All DUKUDU watches feature a stainless steel back and are nickel safe.
What is the Guarantee?
- 2 Years. Guarantees mechanical function and against manufacturing defects.
- To benefit from the guarantee, you will need to present your guarantee card and proof of purchase from an authorised DUKUDU retailer.
- Process: Ring 0800 65 4477 or email info@DUKUDU.co.nz with your concern and to get review authorisation number and return address details. We will assume responsibility for the watch, once it arrives to us. In house repair. We will turnaround the watch ASAP and certainly within a few business days if it’s repairable with stocked parts, otherwise mostly weekly air-freight imports mean parts will arrive within days so delays are minimal and always reasonable.
- Usual guarantee exclusions for cases; batteries; straps; glasses; crowns; damage caused by accidents, misuse, neglect; normal wear and tear; opening or servicing by an unauthorised person all apply. However, we will look reasonably at any claims on a case by case basis.
What if something goes wrong that isn’t covered by Guarantee or happens after the Guarantee has expired?
We can usually help and will always try. Let us know the problem at info@DUKUDU.co.nz or 0800 65 4477. As we import from Holland by air most weeks, and have many spare parts on hand too, we can usually turn around a repair in very good time. We want to build goodwill in DUKUDU at all times, so our aim will be to give renewed life to your DUKUDU and to do so at a fair price that reflects the cost of freight, parts and labour but does NOT attempt to contribute to anyone’s retirement fund! Our driving philosophy is to keep it moving, minimise disruption, build on the goodwill of DUKUDU with our retail partners and ultimate DUKUDU wearers.
Can I purchase another strap?
Yes, we carry stock. So if you would like to buy an additional strap to enjoy an extra colour way, then we are happy to supply you. Please email or call Christa and Amy at info@DUKUDU.co.nz or 0800 65 4477 and they’ll help you directly as we don’t sell the straps online. You may also like to know that DUKUDU watches have industry standard widths, so they can also be fitted with most aftermarket straps too.